Friday, January 25, 2008

womanly furniture

Not sure how much longer this Craigslist ad will stay up, but I had to share this with all you birth junkies:

For Sale - beautiful pink "vagina couch" that I made in art school and no longer have space for. The couch is large: measures 5' 3" long, 3' 3" wide at the middle, and stands 2' 3" tall (and is heavy like a couch). The pics are from my portfolio and are several years old; as a result, the couch has some scuffmarks and stains around the bottom from being moved, but otherwise is in excellent shape. A professional upholsterer helped me build the couch, so it is also functional and durable as a piece of furniture. The couch must be picked up in Mendocino, a 3-hour drive north of SF. I am asking for $600 and a loving home! Call Willow at [deleted] or reply to posting.




It's a vulva couch... (I have to say that calling things 'vagina' when it's clearly a vulva is a pet peeve, but that's just me. Eve Ensler? You hear me??)

A good friend of mine sent it to me, thinking that THIS would have been the perfect new couch for my office.


Edited to add:

Here is the entire link on Craigslist. I'm uploading the pics from it and adding it to this entry in case the link goes bad.

Just how do you sit in it? Like you'd expect to sit in a vulva!