Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sign of the times

I hope you can tolerate more celebrity news from me!

Jessica Alba, who is currently pregnant, recently told the press in an interview:

"It had to do with breastfeeding, which is the only thing I'm paranoid about, more than giving birth."


Read the entire article and watch the video clip here

We live in a culture that is set up for so many breastfeeding moms to fail. It's no wonder that women naturally believe that breastfeeding is hard and not something that they can do.

Don't even get me started on the weight gain comments - or the fact that a superstar is receiving free gifts from a network. Couldn't those gifts go to a more needy recipient?

I hope she finds solid informed support for her breastfeeding experience. I am pleased to hear that she's at least considering it. Even a week of colostrum/milk to a new baby is better than none at all.