Wednesday, November 21, 2007

thanksgiving eve baby

Had a birth early this morning, third baby (first boy!), 11lbs 8oz, born posterior. Short and sweet aside from some extra blood loss that resolved rather smoothly.

We have one more November mom, was due at the beginning of the month, that is expecting her first baby.

Doing a group prenatal up in Portland on Saturday.

Lots of preparations today for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow! We have a vegetarian dinner - Our Menu:

Cocktail
Pilgrim Punch

Hors d'oeuvre
Goat Cheese Crustini with cranberry compote

First Course
Individual pot pies in acorn squash

Main Buffet Course
Stuffed Portobello mushrooms
Salad w/ dried cranberries, walnuts, apples, goat cheese
Vegetable tian
Parmesan roasted asparagus
Vegetable dressing
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Candied sweet potatoes
Rolls
Cranberry sauce

Dessert
Individual pumpkin mousse parfait
Apple crisp


I'm grateful for the path that I'm on, for the families I'm involved with, the beautiful births I am witness to, my health, my own family and my dear friends who have seen me through so much. I am also eternally grateful for my incredible apprentice/assistant who believes in birth so wholly that it always humbles me.